Wewoka Animal Hospital

Health & Travel Certificates

Planning a big trip and want to take your beloved family pet along? No problem! Our dedicated staff and veterinarians will ensure you and your pet have a relaxing time away - without worrying about the laws and stipulations that vary from country to country.

Traveling With Your Pet?

Traveling to a new place with your pet can be a really memorable experience! However, it’s important that you remember that they will need proper documentation. You’ll want to make the process as simple and stress free as possible. There are several things you’ll want to make sure you have in mind if you’re thinking about traveling with your cat or pup, especially to avoid having any delays. Some travelers can even be denied entry to different territories or countries. Whether you’re taking a bus, train, car or plane, each one will affect what type of documents you’ll need. Where you are going will always affect the documentation needed. Wewoka Animal Hospital is able to get you set up with the correct info for every type of trip. We can assist in making sure every item on your checklist is checked off before you set off on your adventure. Make sure that you have the destination and length of time you’ll be traveling ready for us. You’ll also want to note that there are some pretty major differences in requirements if you are traveling domestically or internationally. This also applies if you happen to be travelling by plane.

If the travel is domestic then your pet will most likely be needing what’s called a travel certification. The travel certification is provided by the specific airline you’ll be traveling with. If you’re traveling by train or bus or plane, we always recommend you check for specifics available on their websites or calling them. You want to make sure you know exactly what they require, including forms and vaccination requirements.

If you are taking an International flight or flights, your destination will have specific requirements. Different countries do have different needs, so you’ll always want to make sure to check with each place or country you travel to and through. Most of the time they will require three things: health visits, vaccine records, and additional travel certificates. Some countries may even require rabies vaccination to be more more than 30 days in advance. Whatever the requirements may be, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask, that’s what we’re here for.

Join the Wewoka Animal Hospital Family Today!

Phone: 405-257-6167

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday: